The resources below are for individuals in need of support. However, if you or a loved one are in immediate danger please call 911 and tell them you are having a mental health emergency.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- 24 hr phone support for persons in crisis. Support provided by paraprofessional volunteers
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- 24 hour text support for persons in crisis. Support provided by paraprofessional volunteers.
Contra Costa Crisis Center 800-833-2900 or call 211 or text HOPE to 20121
- Mental health support services for Contra Costa county residents that can provide talk and text support as well as referrals to local services and mobile crisis intervention
Contra Costa Grief Hotline 800-837-1818
- Part of the contra costa county crisis center. They offer a separate grief hotline available 24 hours a day
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County 24hr crisis line 1-800-309-2131 Text SAFE to 20121 (4pm-11pm)
- Mental health support services for Alameda County residents that can provide talk and text support as well as referrals to local services.
STAND! for Families Free of Violence Crisis and support line: 1-888-215-5555
- Non-profit agency working to end family violence. Support line is staffed 24 hours a day.
A Safe Place Crisis Line 510-536-7233
- Alameda County agency providing support and services for domestic violence
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpine 800-950-NAMI Text NAMI to 741741
- Organization prodvidimng support and education to people affected by mental illness and their families
Support in Lamorinda area:
Autism Spectrum Disorders:
The Rainbow Center
- LGBTQI+ support center in Concord providing a range of support services to youth and adults.